Since 2014 we have built 53 homes for 226 children. We believe that every child deserves to have a roof over their head, a comfortable bed to sleep on and a safe place of shelter in which they can also study.
As part of our house building trips, international volunteers have been involved in the construction of 36% of the homes we have built to date. Along with local volunteers and workers, you have the chance to be part of a team that can lay the foundations to a brighter future for kids in Kenya.
Upcoming trip dates: TBC: with options to add a 3-day Maasai Mara Safari at end.
This unique opportunity to build houses in Kenya, offers you the trip of a lifetime. Our trips are offered at cost price and in addition we kindly ask each volunteer to raise a minimum of £1,000 towards the cost of building materials, land, solar panels, furniture and the leasing of an additional plot of land for each family to use for farming. The next building project will take place in Karatina, Kenya (date TBC).
The standard 14-day trip package costs in the region of £1,200 and includes:
- Guests arrive any time into Nairobi Jomo Kenyatta International Airport
- Transportation to hotel in Nairobi - dinner, bed & breakfast included
- Internal flight to Eldoret and drive to Iten
- Check in to Hotel
- Visit GEF village/building site and the 4 families we will be building for
- Building houses
- Officially open new houses
- Internal flight to Nairobi - Check in to hotel for 2 night
- Relax by pool at hotel
- Optional activities
- David Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage
- Giraffe Centre
- Fly home after 10pm
- Depart Hotel 8am
- 7 hour drive to Maasai Mara
- Check into the camp
- Evening game drive
- Full day game drive and sunset (weather dependant)
- Depart camp 9am for 6-7 hour drive with lunch stop
- Arrive back at Nairobi - Fly home after 10pm
This optional 3 day safari costs £575.
A comprehensive information document can be provided on request, covering everything you need to know including costs for each of the above itinerary options.
This year we were incredibly grateful to a number of companies who sponsored elements of the building work for our July building project. Sponsors play a huge role in making it possible for us to build the target number of houses on each trip; enabling us to purchase the likes of timber, iron sheet, windows, doors, land, tools and team t-shirts.
Our thanks goes out to the following companies for your contributions to the 2023 project:
- The Budge Foundation
- The Alternative Board Aberdeen and Shire (TAB Aberdeen)
- The York Ghost Merchants
- On The Right Path Ltd
- Ramsay & Chalmers
- Load Monitoring Systems
- CHAP Group Aberdeen
Please get in touch with any questions about future trips to Kenya with us, to register your interest or to receive sponsorship package info.