Gathimba Edwards Foundation (GEF, we, our, us) are the data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (law as of 25 May 2018).
We will collect personal information from you when you;
- Enquire about GEF
- Subscribe to our mailing list
- Buy merchandise through our website
- Donate directly to us
- Take part in an event with us
- Fundraise or volunteer for us
- Receive a service from us
- Engage with us via our social media channels
- Donate indirectly via the third party Total Giving and only if you have given your consent for information to be shared
- Give us personal information in any other way.
The types of personal information we could ask depends on why you are providing it, but it may include;
- Name, email address, contact preferences (when signing up to our newsletter)
- Credit/debit card or direct debit details (if you are setting up a standing donation)
- In case of emergency contact, health concerns/allergies (when volunteering at events for us)
- Further detailed information (when you travel/volunteer in Kenya with us)
USING YOUR INFORMATION
We will always ask you if you want to give us your personal details, and ask your permission about how we use it. If you agree, we will use the information that you give to us;
- to send you information about our fundraising initiatives which could include; events, campaigns and services
- to send you fundraising updates and appeals we think might be of interest to you if you have given your consent
- to administer your donation, support your fundraising, process gift aid
- to respond to any feedback you send us
- to look at how we can make the information, products and services we offer to you better (e.g. volunteer trips/GEF website)
- to share your experiences of fundraising for us, this information will never be used without your permission
- for cookie analysis and statistical reporting. These are anonymous statistics and no personal records will be generated
We will endeavour to keep your information secure, up-to-date and accurate and ensure we comply with your communication preferences. We will only keep your information for the purposes for which you have agreed we can use it. The length of time we keep your information will depend on the reason why we have been or are processing your information.
You have the right to opt-out of marketing emails and withdraw your consent at any time, simply click unsubscribe at the bottom of our emails or contact us with the request to firstname.lastname@example.org
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We will comply and with regulatory authorities when we are legally required to do so – in such cases personal information would be passed on in accordance with the data protection legislation.
You have the right to obtain a copy of the information that we have about you by making a subject access request in accordance with the GDPR. Also, if any information that we have about you is wrong, you can ask us to correct it. If your personal details change, please help us to keep those details up to date by informing us of any changes. All of this can be done by emailing email@example.com
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Where we engage a third party to deliver a service on our behalf (for example the email subscription service MailChimp), only required data will be shared. This will be in line with data protection legislation and covered by a data sharing contract. This means that they cannot retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes.. They will hold your information securely and retain it for the period we instruct.
If you are unhappy with how we handle your personal information, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and / or notify the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
‘Cookies’ are small files from Google used to deliver its services, to personalise ads and to analyse traffic. Information about your use of this site is shared with Google. Gathimba Edwards Foundation may store information about you and your activity in cookies so we can offer the best possible user experience when you visit our site. If you would rather, you can set your browser not to accept cookies; please read your internet browser’s instructions in order to do this. Otherwise, by using this website you are agreeing to cookie creation.
CHANGES TO OUR POLICIES
We seek to ensure that information on our website is up-to-date and accurate. We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. Where appropriate, you will be advised through email notification. This policy is effective from May 2018.
Gathimba Edwards Foundation is a charity registered in Scotland
Registered Charity No. SC044869
Office: 43 Albert Street, Aberdeen, AB25 1XT Tel: 01224 531084
You can view our Privacy Statement here.
Our website is operated and controlled from the United Kingdom and your use of this website is governed by and construed in accordance with the law of Scotland.