Each Spring/Summer, this unique opportunity to volunteer in Kenya offers you the trip of a lifetime.
There are 7, 11 and 14 day trip options and during the trip you can experience the following:
- Visits to families we support and new house our volunteers have built
- Maasai Mara safari game drives
- Traditional Kenyan cooking class
- Volunteering at business owned by families we support
- David Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage
- Climb Mount Kenya
- Visits to families who are living in desperate conditions and that we hope to support in the near future
- Dinner at the famous Kerio View Hotel with stunning views across the Great Rift Valley
- Volunteering at a primary school
- Kenyan church fundraiser for GEF (very lively!)
- Imani Workshop, Eldoret
- Meeting a world class athlete
- Tour of the famous St Patrick's School which has produced multiple champion athletes under the guidance of Brother Colm
- Mombasa and its glorious beaches
- Train alongside Kenyan athletes on the running tracks and roads of Iten
- Runs/walks in incredible locations such as Sing'ore Forest
- Pavilion Village and Cheerful Children's Home visits
The trip costs start from £700 and includes:
Internal flight ✔
Minibus transport ✔
Airport pick up ✔
In-country 24 hour volunteer support ✔
Pre-departure and visa support ✔
Meals and water ✔
Please note that they do not include international flights, visas or vaccinations.
Our trips are offered at cost price and so we kindly ask guests to raise a minimum of £500 towards the school fees of children on our pending list and our Two Feet business start up initiative. This can be done by setting up a Total Giving page here or by organising race nights, quizzes, bake sales, sponsored silences, running races and other fundraising means.
Gillian's adventure volunteering in Kenya
If May/June does not suit you, we also run a house building trip to Kenya each year.
This life changing trip gives you the opportunity to see the real Kenya.
It is filled with unique and memorable experiences as you witness first-hand the impact that your support is having on our families. An eye opening, awe inspiring adventure that will not only change the lives of the people you meet but it will change yours too. You will not regret signing up and you will never forget what you experience here.
Sarah & Abi
We are hoping that the next opportunity to volunteer in Kenya will take place in 2022 but this will depend on the Covid-19 situation.
Get in touch if you would like to volunteer in Kenya or have any questions, to sign up or receive the full itinerary and important information document.
If anyone knows of a company that might be willing to sponsor the team t-shirts for one of our Kenya Adventure trips, we would really appreciate an introduction!